The NIC 10G includes substantial advantages that have made the NIC platform the product of choice for many leading telecommunications service providers and equipment manufacturers. The NIC-10G is:
Easy to use.
An intuitive, touch-sensitive graphical user interface facilitates fast, easy configuration, enabling technicians of any experience level to perform sophisticated network testing.
The NIC is the size of a laptop computer (weighing only 11 pounds), making it significantly lighter and easier to transport than other competing test devices.
With its flexible software/firmware design, it is configurable to meet current needs and easily upgradable as network environments advance.
The NIC 10G is fully compatible with the entire Digital Lightwave NIC product line.
With the installation and maintenance testing capability of the SONET/SDH product, the NIC can be used to perform functional real-time testing on DWDM systems, line regenerators, and synchronous line multiplexers. In addition, the NIC 10G allows technicians to observe and even modify the SONET and SDH overhead to verify that their network operates correctly and responds in cases of trouble. The NIC 10G's internal power meter function also gives technicians the ability to ensure that proper optical power levels are being received and transmitted.
The NIC 10G provides the following features and enhancements:
- OC-192 SONET protocol processor (includes T/R mode STS-192c)
- STM-64 SDH protocol processor
- OC-48 Add and Drop capability
- SONET 1310 or 1550 nm wavelength laser option
- Conforms to the following ANSI, ITU, and Telcordia/Bellcore specs:
- ANSI T1.105
- Bellcore GR-253-CORE and GR-1377-CORE
- ITU-T G.783, G.707, O.151
- Supports alarm/error generation and analysis
- Active matrix color touch screen display
- PC Card (PCMCIA) interface for modem and memory storage
- Built-in optical power and frequency measurement